Sunday, December 3, 2017

Marriage Recipe - The Finish!

I am happy to report that I had a goal, and actually accomplished it! I have finished Marriage Recipe!

We took the week off to get ready for Christmas. We decided to start with some shopping, so we went to the Woodbury Commons Outlet Mall. We got some excellent deals on things we needed. From there we went to Silkweaver Fabrics. Michael tries to take me at least once a year so I can stock up on fabric. I got some really pretty pieces that I am excited to work on. (Cloudy day is not letting me get a good picture of the sparkly fabrics)



When we got home, I took a good look at Marriage Recipe and I knew if I put in a few good hours of work on it, I could finish it, whereas while I was making nice progress on Tulip Bouquet, it wasn't going to be completed for a while.


So, I decided to aim for a finish... And I did it! Went from here...


To here...


To done...


We even went to Joann's to get fabric to make it into a pillow. Hoping to get that done the next weekend Michael works. Planning to stick something in the crockpot and then spend the day communing with my sewing machine.

Well, thank you for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your finish! It looks great. How cool to live that close to Silkweavers that you can shop there! Pretty fabrics you added to your stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, it is nice going directly to Silkweaver. We just have to try to get there a little more frequently ;-)

      Delete