Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year - The Stitching Resolution

Happy New Year everyone!

Two weeks ago when I made the pillow for my coworker, I felt so good about the product. I really felt like I had produced something. Not just the cross stitch piece, but the final finished product. I decided right then and there that I needed to put a little more effort into making time for my stitching. I started cross stitching as a means of relaxing and producing some emotional health, and just like anything else (diet, exercise), I have to make time for it to actually produce the effect I am looking for.

So, this last week I spent at least one hour a day with my stitching and finished three small stitching projects.





Washed everything yesterday, and the plan now is to finish them off as sachet bags for my friends next weekend. This was in addition to the other small project I made this week for the 2017 Smalls SAL run by Heather at Stitching Lotus. You can get all the information about the 2018 SAL here.


For last week I've started work on another of Durene Jones' Mouse Cards. I love what they look like when they are done, but I'm still not enjoying the stitching. It's the 'frame' that I don't enjoy. It looks great, so I won't leave it off, but I don't enjoy it. So, although the original plan was to make the whole set of 6, I'm stopping after this fifth one. Not too far after one day...


Today I'm going to get my stitching in while we watch TV. A few years ago I was not feeling my best after our New Year's Eve party, if you know what I mean. So we spent the day in and happened across the Winter Classic, a hockey game played outside, like it used to be. We enjoyed watching it so much it became our New Year's Day tradition. We make no plans except to be in the house and watch the game. Today is going to be a really good one as the temperature here, where the game is being played, is in the teens. This is hockey like it was played in the past; CLASSIC!

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and wishing you all the best for 2018. Your small finishes are very sweet. I hope you enjoyed the hockey match. We wrapped up warm and went for a walk, although the sun was shining it was cold and windy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cupcakes look cute! Congrats on all your finishes.

    Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete