Saturday, April 30, 2016

Elope! I begged her! Elope!

Weddings are supposed to be fun and exciting and filled with joy! Aren't they? Have you ever noticed that the planning of the wedding, however, causes pain, heartache, and grief? Wh en my cousin announced that she got engaged two years ago I honestly suggested that she elope. Her brother's wedding resulted in tons of family drama, and I knew this one would turn out similarly. Unfortunately, I was not wrong. She announced the engagement in October 2014, people were already fighting in December and the actual wedding wasn't until next month!

This week we had the obligatory seating arrangement drama. Now keep in mind, she did not want to have assigned tables. She wanted to have a casual, fun reception where people from the two families would mingle, move around, sit wherever... I supported this. But others did not. Thus a seating arrangement was charted, feelings were hurt, fights ensued, fingers were pointed... And we still have three weeks before the happy day.

Truth be told, I am looking forward to the wedding. I found two dresses and just have to decide which one to wear. I plan to have my hair done with purple highlights the day before we leave (the color scheme is purple so I know my cousin will love it). I'm going to be doing the bride's, and bride's mother's makeup, so I've gotten all my makeup together to bring with us (my husband is going to explode when he sees all the bags of makeup!). It's just the pre-wedding craziness that I wish we could have avoided.

But enough about insanity, let's talk about stitching which makes my crazy life a little better. This week I worked on the Faces of Joan Elliot SAL. I finished the top row except for beading and backstitching which I'm going to do at the end.


Thanks for visiting. Feel free to leave a comment! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a post to hook a new Follower!
    Thank you for commenting on my blog, you are a "no-reply" person so I've popped over to respond.
    I will definitely be coming back, for the Wedding gossip and the progress pics on the JE SAL. Mine is languishing in the UFO pile sadly as other things have pushed themselves ahead of her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and thank you for letting me know that I am a "no-reply" person. Not sure but I think I changed that. I really enjoy your blog!

      Delete