Sunday, May 29, 2016

A Beautiful Wedding

Well, we all made it through the wedding and it was beautiful! The officiant was the couple's best friend and he made the ceremony a one-of-a-kind ceremony all about them. It was so meaningful as it was the story of their time together so far, and their future together. It really made all the drama fade away practically instantly. This is not to imply there was not drama up until the last second. But it was kept in check and did not ruin a wonderful day and blessed event!



I had to post the second picture because I did everyone's makeup, and I have to say I was pleased with the results!


Can you believe the mother of the bride made the headpiece! It was exquisite and just perfect for the bride. 


And I think Michael and I cleaned up rather well for the event as well.



Most of my stitching for the weekend was conducted during the ride down and the ride back home. Our travels were good. We did not hit much traffic - which we really worried about. I got two more days done so I am now 2/3 of the way done with the project and feel confident I will be done in time to make the piece into a pillow for Christmas. Plus, my sewing machine came back all ready for me to start working on it. So excited! I wish my mom were still around to show me and help me, but I think she will be present to give me some guidance. It's gonna be a little sad, but I'm giving myself enough time so if I get overwhelmed, I can step away and try again another day.

Well, thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment! Love to hear your thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Everyone looks great. The couple look so happy too! You are quite the make up artist!
    Only 4 more days...plenty of time to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased the wedding went well. The headdress is gorgeous, love the feathers.
    Great work on the make-up and the 12 Days too!

    ReplyDelete