Sunday, January 22, 2017

A Little Trip Down Memory Lane

As I was making hummus to bring to a Christmas Eve dinner, I took a good look at my 28-year-old food processor and I realized it was time for a new one. But the following memory rose to the surface which makes me smile everytime it comes to mind.

When I moved out of my parents' apartment and into my own, 29 years ago, I started cooking a lot, which I enjoyed, and baking which I LOVED. I worked with people my own age, and I would bake a cake for everyone's birthday. Someone asked me to make them a carrot cake. Without thinking about how I was going to shred the carrots I said yes. Let me just say it took longer to shred the carrots than it would have taken to make a 5 course meal. The cake was such a hit that the next person to have a birthday asked me to make the same cake... Well, I couldn't say no... When the third person asked me to make the same cake (I have to admit, it really was that good) I left work and went directly to a store to buy a food processor.

The reason this memory has come to mind today, is because the Today's Special Value on QVC today is a food processor, which I have placed an order for. It's sad to replace the old one, but I look forward to cooking new and exciting meals with this new one. And that is my happy moment for today... my little trip down memory lane has made me smile, as has looking forward to the future.

As for my stitching update for the week, this month's card project took a lot longer than expected. Mostly due to the changes I have made in my homeward bound traveling. Not a bad thing. I just need to make some adjustments to get a little more time set aside for my non-BAP stitching.


My BAP stitching has been going well. My goal is to get in at least 50 stitches a day. I did miss out on one day of stitching, but I got more than 50 stitches in each day that I did stitch for a total of about 500 stitches this week. I'm very happy that I am seeing progress on that project.

Thank you so much for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. It's great to those happy memories associated with everyday items - I wish I could try some of the carrot cake that everyone desired. Your stitching is so sweet. Good luck with your BAP stitching this year.

    Thank you so much for all the lovely comments you leave when you have visited my blog - they certainly leave me with happy thoughts of friendships from across the miles.

    ReplyDelete