Thursday, January 19, 2017

Respect

I've always felt that everyone is deserving of respect and I have always tried to show respect regardless of the situation. Unfortunately, I don't feel I am always afforded respect in return, but the things that have brought happiness to me the last two days have been moments when people showed me respect.

Yesterday, one of our Principal Investigators, came down to the facility to say hello and shake my hand. We have e-mailed each other for years and he felt it was time to meet face to face so he could say thank you in person for all the help I have given his lab. It really made me feel good.

Today, in our IACUC meeting, there was a training issue being discussed, and a group of the committee members turned to me to ask my opinion on an issue. And everyone listened to what I had to say. Again, it just made me feel good that people were asking my opinion, and then paying attention to what I had to say.


No comments:

Post a Comment