Saturday, January 7, 2017

Joining WIPocalypse

So my main goal for 2017 is to be more positive. Last year was a very hard year. Finding my mom passed on January 1st kind of set a sad start to the new year. As the year progressed and the deaths accrued (my pigeon, an uncle, my cat) I was really battling with depression setting in. But it didn't, and I realized that was something positive to celebrate. I made it through a very difficult year without medication and minimal therapy 😌.

One thing I didn't do though was work on my BAP Lobo from HAED. One of the very last things my mom said to me was that she hoped she would live long enough to see it finished, and as a result I just was not able to pick it up and work on it all year. I know that would not make her happy, so my stitching goal this year is to join WIPocalypse and work on Lobo. Here is where I left off.


At a minimum I want to get 50 stitches in a day (I am a very slow stitcher unfortunately). It is day 7 of the year, and I have no progress to report 😞 but that is okay, as the goal of the WIPocalypse is to make some progress and I am determined to do that! If you would like to join the WIPocalypse or learn more about it, here is the link to the sign up page.


This month for our post we are supposed to introduce ourselves, our projects, and our goals for the year. I guess I've introduced myself and my WIPocalypse project. My other main project is Friendly Felines by Karen Brittan. I found the pattern in the June 2014 issue of Cross Stitch Gold. This is where I was at the start of the year, and the progress I've made this week.



I have two other goals for the year. One is a stitching goal. I want to work on miscellaneous smalls. I am hoping to complete enough this year, so next year I can give everyone a handmade birthday card.

My other goal goes back to positivity. A friend introduced me to a 'positivity jar'. At the end of each day she takes a moment to write down one good thing that happened and made her happy. Then she puts the slip of paper in a jar. My goal is to blog everyday. Six days a week it will most likely be one sentence with the thing that made me happy for the day.

So here is today's happy moment. One of the reasons we love the Mineola Diner is because it is such a friendly place. We met two new people at the diner today, Debbie and Jimmy, and look forward to seeing them again.

3 comments:

  1. I can't imagine stitching those BAPS! My patience gives out on anything over about 5". I commend you on attacking those kind of designs. They will be beautiful in the end, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to you for the loss of your Mom and others, 2015 was our difficult year and was so happy to see it end. I can't wait to see progress on your BAP, and your felines. Stitching is good for the soul and puts things in perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that 2016 was so bad for you. It wasn't a good year for many of us! Our year did end on a high note with the birth of a new baby cousin so I am being thankful for that.
    I think 50 stitches a day is a great target, they all add up over the year. I am doing the ten-a-day with the aim to finish a small design approx 60 x 60 stitches.

    ReplyDelete